Problems with Alcoholism
Problems with Alcoholism
Alcoholism is a big problem in
today’s world. Some people have self-control over drinking, but others can
create an addiction to alcohol or anything. Alcohol effects mental health, families,
and lives with just a sip of a drink that can lead to years of misery.
Alcohol is different for everybody. People can use it for fun, to relax, or it can lead to an addiction, which is the bad outcome out of alcohol. Some family or close friends hide addiction and you do not even know but other times, you see addiction rising in people. Lots of times, people are in denial when you ask if they need help because they will not own up to the problem they have.
In an article by Wire Report, Abby Wambach who was a famous soccer player, says “I was stubborn and I was in denial,” about drugs and alcohol, which were vodka, Adderall, Vicodin and Ambien “I didn’t want to face the truth.” I bet a lot of people can relate to this with being in denial and trying to lie to themselves that they do not have a problem. She said how getting arrested was one of the best nights of her life. “Because if I don’t get so publicly shamed and publicly humiliated, I don’t think I wake up,” she said as she prepared for a book tour. “I think I was asleep for a lot of years. Asleep to the pleas from my family and friends, and even myself, to get help. So that night I was humiliated enough to wake up.” Abby Wambach says how it affected her family, friends and how bad in made her life with alcohol and drugs.
Even years later, she said how she used to be
embarrassed for what happened and talking about the drugs and alcohol. Abby
Wambach says now how “I’m not ashamed about what happened to me anymore because
it led me to where I’m at right now. I’m proud of where I’m at.” It is hard to
come to yourself and winder if you do have an issue, like Abby Wambach said,
but if you do then do not be ashamed to ask anyone for help.
I know someone in my family struggled with alcohol and
became an alcoholic. He once came
crashing through the side door of my house panicked that he did not have enough
money to buy alcohol today. It made me want to feel bad for him, but I knew it
was all manipulation. It affected our family with how much he seemed to break
it up and cause people to break down towards him.
Mental health is a big problem towards alcoholism as
well. An article says how “over
half of people presenting to alcohol/other drug (AOD) treatment services also have a mental health condition.”
Some common mental health conditions that go along with alcoholism is depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, and schizophrenia. It says how drinking helps people forget about problems, sadness or stuff to get them away from reality. People start doing that over and over and then develop to be an alcoholic. People then tend to spiral and it makes mental illness worse. Puts people in a darker place then where they were was before and therefore it makes it harder for people to not follow a pattern with alcohol.
Alcohol can make mental health illnesses worse and tear families apart even. Articles say how you can be in denial with yourself about having a problem, but you just need to own up to it and develop self-control with alcohol or anything else that’s addictive.

Comments
Post a Comment